Harry Browne ran for President as a Libertarian in 1996 and 2000. This book is his 2000 campaign book. He was a master communicator, and both of his campaign books are still relevant in 2020.
Harry Browne explains that Libertarians want you to be free — free to live your own life as you think best. And he provides the ammunition you need to show people how much better off they’d be in a Libertarian America.
You’ve heard it all many times. “What would Libertarians do about Social Security – leave the elderly starving in the streets?” “How can we stop the drug problem without the War On Drugs?” “Healthcare costs will skyrocket without government controls and regulation – millions of people can’t even afford healthcare now!” “Without government intervention corporations will choke the environment with pollution!”
You’ve heard these and many other misinformed rationalizations for bigger, more-intrusive, ever-growing government. A government that continuously strips us of our money, property, and freedoms.
Now Harry Browne answers back with The Great Libertarian Offer — a Libertarian plan of responsible, sensible solutions to today’s political and social problems. With this book in hand you can show your friends, family, and associates:
- The beauty, freedom, and responsibility of a Libertarian America.
- How we can be free of the income tax, so you can keep every dollar you earn — to spend it, save it, or give it away as you choose.
- How we can be free of the Social Security tax completely and immediately — without forsaking the elderly —— so you can arrange a safe, convenient, prosperous retirement for yourself.
- Why the insane War on Drugs is a war on you, on your liberty, on your property, on your family’s safety — even if you’ve never used drugs.
- Why your children should never have to fight or die in a foreign war.
- How ending federal regulation will make products safer, increase your earnings, and lower the prices of what you buy.
- How education without government will provide better schools for all.
- How to reduce pollution dramatically by taking property away from the federal government.
- How open borders enhance your standard of living.
- 5 ways we can dramatically reduce crime by reducing government.
- How getting the government out of health care will give you a longer life, more accessible medical care, and low-cost health insurance.
- How a Libertarian President can reduce government dramatically and enhance your liberty on his first day in office — without the consent of Congress.
- How we can rally the American people to give up their favorite federal programs and accept a massive reduction in government.
- 6 things you must know if you want to understand government.
Why the government’s 3 “greatest hits” — the highway system, the space program, and disaster relief — are just three more boondoggles that cost far more than they’re worth.
- How today’s “prosperous” economy is short-changing you.
- The 5 principles that guarantee that the next government program will be a failure.
- Why the Constitution provides your only protection from big government.
Harry Browne’s Why Government Doesn’t Work recruited thousands of new Libertarians. The Great Libertarian Offer offers new examples, new perspectives, new issues, and new ways to show people the benefits of a Libertarian America.
Use this book to expose the fallacies of big government programs. Show people how much better off we’d all be in a Libertarian America – where we can be free to make the best choices for ourselves, instead of living as the politicians and bureaucrats think best.
The American Dream requires freedom from government. The Great Libertarian Offer will help us get there.